Last updated: March 18, 2013
Information We Collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our service to make your experience safer and easier. We only collect personal information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
In general, you can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to use our services, we may require you to provide contact and identity information, billing information, shipping information and other personal information as indicated on the forms at our Site. Where possible, we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to use a particular service or feature.
Our Use of Your Information
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our web design, and communicating with you.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we can receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from The Whole Circle™ if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
How We Secure Your Information
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We may establish relationships with other vendors with whom we believe you will find it valuable to do business. These include, but are not limited to, herbal supply companies, needle supply companies, Oriental medicine booksellers, national Oriental medicine organizations and other educational organizations about whose programs you might want to know.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service and web-hosting. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of thewholecircle.com customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that the company which owns the rights to the name The Whole Circle™, jackmdaniel.com, LLC, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of The Whole Circle™ and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of The Whole Circle™, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Information You Can Access
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
The Whole Circle™ gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with thewholecircle.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
Choices You Have About Your Information
Information About Cookies
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such features of thewholecircle.com as Customer Communication Preferences, Customer Reviews, and My Account information.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the "Which Information Can I Access?" section above.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of thewholecircle.com, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as greetings, your learning preferences and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of thewholecircle.com's features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
If you choose to visit The Whole Circle™, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Maryland. If you have any concern about privacy at The Whole Circle™, please Contact Us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, shop, buy, or communicate with customer service at The Whole Circle™. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order, provide information in My Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; provide and rate Reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; e-mail addresses; content of reviews and e-mails to us.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include account information, purchase information, and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent fraud.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at The Whole Circle™ include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password and Customer Communication Preferences); payment settings (including credit card information); e-mail notification settings; recommendations (including recent product view history and prior order history); and your Profile (including your product reviews and personal profile).