All courses, workshops, lectures or seminars are immediately available for downloading to your computer at the time of purchase in the form of an mp3 audio file, just like music. When you download your courses, you will most likely find them in the 'Default' destination for all downloads from the internet that you have set on your computer. You may also be able to select the 'destination folder' on your computer into which you will download them. For example, you might choose to create a destination folder in advance of downloading courses from us, named 'The Whole Circle Courses.' Being aware of this before you download courses will provide you with a way in which you'll know exactly into which destination to store your courses or where to search for a particular course. Audio files purchased from us can be listened to using any common media player in your computer (e.g: Windows Media Player™ or Quicktime™).
The length of time it takes to download any given course will vary depending on the length of the course in minutes, the speed of your computer's processor, and the method by which you connect to the Internet. Specific information on the approximate length of time for each course is available on the order page for that course.
- If you have the capability, please 'burn' an audio CD in order to keep the course in another location should you have a computer problem.
- Also, you may store your course on any device that plays mp3 files, such as an Ipod™.
- If you do own an Ipod™ or other mp3 player, including one in your car, you can record your course and use it there-learning while driving, jogging, at home or while on the beach. The mp3 files you'll be downloading have been compressed to make download times shorter and to conserve storage space on your hard drive. Due to the compression, iTunes sometimes reads the length of the recording as being approximately double the actual length and then messes up the playback when used on an iPod. In order to avoid such a problem, here are steps you can take in order to convert the mp3 file you'll be downloading so that iTunes reads it without doubling up the playing time when being listened to on your iPod. Add The Whole Circle mp3 filename you've acquired to your iTunes library. In your iTunes library, right-click on the file in question that you want to deal with and select 'Create AAC Version.' It will take a few minutes to convert the file to an iTunes/iPod compatible version. Then just delete the old file in your library and move the new version to the iPod. On newer versions of Apple products like the iPad, the download may go directly into your iTunes library without giving you a chance to choose how to deal with it. If that's the case, and you don't know where your download has gone, that's the place to look first. Good listening!
- Please remember, as with all audio recordings of live speaking events, to hear all voices clearly, you will have to adjust your volume control during use. Additionally, to pick up any of the softer voices, it is strongly recommended that you use headphones or ear buds. If your listening is going to be interrupted and you want to return to the same place you left off, make a note of the time count you’ve gotten to before you quit. When you return, click and hold the left mouse button on the place on the progress bar that indicates where you are in the recording in your new session. Drag it to the time count that you noted before and release the mouse button. You'll be right about where you want to be. Alternatively, if you place the mouse cursor on the progress bar where you think you want to be and click once, you will skip right to that time count on the recording.
- You can download the course again if you have a computer problem that prevents you from having access to the course. Of course, since you've already purchased the course once, you need not pay another fee to retrieve the course again. Should you be unable to locate your courses once they've downloaded, or if the process fails for any reason and you wish to initiate another download operation, here's what you'll want to do: You will find a unique web address in the confirmation email you receive from us for your purchase for you to use as many times as you wish to be able to download the course again and again. Simply click on the link to get to your download. Please preserve this email for future use in case of a computer crash, etc., when you would need to recover your course.